Put your degree to work!
SPEA Careers and Internships
It's never too early to start your career planning, and SPEA Career Services can help. SPEA IUPUI faculty, staff and alumni are all part of a vibrant network that helps students and alumni connect to prospective employers.
Start your job search by meeting with one of our SPEA career professionals, who will advise you on internships that will build your resume, how to look for a job, resume preparation, cover letters, thank-you notes and interview techniques.
Use your CAS login to visit SPEA Careers to search the SPEA Jobs and Internships Database. If you are an alumnus, you will need to request affiliation by clicking Alumni Login.
Online job listing sites
- Jobs compiled by public service professional groups: http://www.publicservicecareers.org/
- Alliance for Innovation local government jobs board: http://transformgov.org/en/jobads
- Federal government Office of Personnel Management: https://www.usajobs.gov/
- http://www.publicsafetyjobs.com: run by the for-profit Public Safety Media Group
- http://www.thenonprofittimes.com/jobs/: run by the for-profit NPT Publishing Group
- State of Indiana Personnel Department: http://www.in.gov/spd/2334.htm
- City of Indianapolis Human Resources Division: http://www.indy.gov/eGov/City/OFM/hr/Pages/home.aspx
- Charitable Advisors Not-for-Profit News job board: http://charitableadvisors.myexacthire.com/searchlistings.php
- Giving Sum: http://www.givingsum.org/
- Lacy Leadership Association: http://www.lacyleadership.org/index.php
- Presidential Management Fellows Program: http://transformgov.org/en/jobads
- Alumni Career Services: https://alumni.indiana.edu/enhance-career/
- Alumni Career Coaching: https://alumni.indiana.edu/enhance-career/coaching/index.html
- Alumni Job Board: https://alumni.indiana.edu/enhance-career/job-board.html
- Online Career Tools: https://alumni.indiana.edu/enhance-career/tools.html