André Zhang Sonera
Civic Leadership, BSPA '16
- Have an interest in politics or law?
- Want to help run a city or state?
- Want to turn your activism into a career?
- Want to make a difference in the community?
- Support a cause or nonprofit organization?
- Plan to go to law school?
Majoring in Civic Leadership may be a good option for you.
To prepare for a career in civic leadership, you will take courses in political science; law and public policy; leadership and ethics; and organization of government, nonprofit and private organizations. IUPUI has designated this as a pre-law major. You can also choose classes tailored to your specific interests, such as the political process or international affairs.
Civic Leadership sample careers
- Congressional staffer
- International aid provider
- Urban/regional planner
- Legislative researcher/analyst
- Attorney (after law school, of course)
- Campaign manager
- City manager
- Nonprofit program manager
- Director of a trade organization