||SPEA works to build a better world by helping people solve complex problems at the crossroads of policy, management, and science. We promote sound decisions, well-managed organizations, just, healthy societies, and a sustainable environment through education, scholarship, and civic engagement. We give our students the knowledge and skills to have a significant impact in diverse settings around the globe.
||Our commitment is shaped by these shared and guiding beliefs:
- All people deserve to live in thriving and sustainable communities.
- Strong, healthy communities depend on well-educated, innovative, ethical leaders and informed and engaged citizens.
- Creative, current, and rigorous research informs sound decision-making.
- Leaders need both relevant information and the skills necessary to interpret and use information and data effectively.
- Successful leaders must be able to bridge public, private, and nonprofit sector boundaries.
- Conversation and collaboration among individuals with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and skills leads to more vibrant ideas and solutions.
||SPEA’s professionals engage in teaching, research and service in all areas of public and environmental affairs. SPEA mobilizes cross-disciplinary expertise to promote solutions to complex problems in the public interest.